Company Name : UD.SWOTS POTS
Lombok Pumice Stone Mining Indonesia
Pumice Stone Supplier From Indonesia
Pumice Exploration in Indonesia
Furthermore, a topographic map of the area around which there are large-scale pumice deposits is made for detailed exploration. Detailed exploration was carried out in order to determine the quality and strength of reserves with more certainty. Exploration methods used include drilling (hand drill or machine drill) or making test wells.
In determining which method to use, the condition of the location to be explored must be considered, which is based on the topographic map made at the prospecting stage.
The exploration method is carried out by making test wells, the pattern used is rectangular (can also be in the form of a square) with a distance from one point/test well to the next test well between 25-50 m. The equipment used in the manufacture of test wells include; hoe, crowbar, pickaxe, bucket, rope.
While exploration by drilling can be done using a drill equipped with a bailer (sample catcher), either hand drill or machine drill. In this exploration, measurements and mapping are carried out in more detail, to be used in calculating reserves and making mine planning.
Pumice Mining in Indonesia
In general, pumice deposits are located near the earth’s surface, mining is carried out by open and selective mining. Overburden stripping can be done with simple tools (manually) or with mechanical tools, such as bulldozers, scrapers, and others. The pumice layer itself can be excavated using an excavator, including a backhoe or power shovel, then loaded directly into a truck to be transported to the processing plant.
Pumice Processing in Indonesia
In order to produce pumice with quality that complies with export requirements or the needs of the construction and industrial sectors, pumice from the mine is processed first, among others by removing impurities and reducing its size.
Broadly speaking, the pumice processing process consists of:
- Sorting (sorting); to separate clean pumice and pumice with a lot of impurities (impuritis), and is done manually or by scalping screens.
- Crushing (crushing); to reduce size using crushers, hummer mills, and roll mills.
- Sizes; To sort the material based on the size according to market demand, it is done by using a screen.
- Drying (drying); if the material from the mine contains a lot of water, it is necessary to dry it, among others by using a rotary dryer.
Where to Find Pumice Stone in Indonesia
The presence of Indonesian pumice is always associated with a series of Quaternary to Early Tertiary volcanoes. Places where pumice is found include:
- Jambi: Salambuku, Lubukgaung, Kec. Bongko, Kab. Sarco (a fine pyroclastic)
- derived from units of volcanic rock or tuff with pumice components with a diameter of 0.5-15 cm contained in the Kasai Formation).
- Lampung: around the Krakatoa islands, especially on Long Island (as a result of the eruption of Mt.
- Krakatoa spewing pumice).
- West Java: Danu Crater, Banten, along the west coast (allegedly the result of the activity
- G. Krakatoa); Nagre, Kab. Bandung (in the form of fragments in tuff); Mancak, Pabuaran, Kab. Serang (good quality for concrete aggregates, in the form of fragments in tuff and runoff); Cicurug Kab. Sukabumi (SiO2 content = 63.20%, Al2O3 = 12.5% in the form of tuff rock fragments); Cikatomas, Cicurug G. Kiaraberes Bogor.
- Special Region of Yogyakarta: Kulon Progo in the Old Andesite Formation.
- West Nusa Tenggara : Lendangnangka, Jurit, Rempung, Pringgesela (outcrop thickness 2-5 m spread over 1000 Ha); North Masbagik Kec. Masbagik Kab. East Lombok (outcrop thickness 2 – 5 m spread over 1000 Ha); Kopang, Mantang Kec. Batukilang District. West Lombok (has been used for 3000 hectares of bricks); Narimaga district. Rembiga Kab. West Lombok (outcrop thickness 2-4 m, has been cultivated by the people).
- Maluku: Rum, Gato, Tidore (SiO2 content = 35.67 – 67.89%; Al2O3 = 6.4 – 16.98%).
- East Nusa Tenggara: Tanah Beak, Kec. Baturliang Kab. Central Lombok (used as a mixture of lightweight concrete and filters).